My gal pal Sarah over at The Sadder But Wiser Girl recently tagged me in a post that consists of lists of 5 things about myself. I’m still laughing over some of Sarah’s answers! Below you will find my answers to these questions. Enjoy!
Five Things I Have a Passion for:
1. Creating and looking at art
2. Going to thrift stores and garage sales
3. Being a mom
Five Things I Would Like To Do Before I Kick the Bucket:
1. Eat an entire can of sweetened condensed milk
2. Wallpaper an entire room with little magazine pictures like I did with my attic (I think I am going to wait until I’m 80 years old and don’t care what the resale value of my home is).
3. Build a rock wall
4. Learn how to build stuff with wood (I guess that would be carpentry skills).
5. Own an art studio for kids (this seems overly ambitious for me but MAYBE).
Five Things I Say A Lot:
1. Why on earth would you think this okay to do? (this is to both my husband and kids)
2. Just a minute. Hold on. Wait a sec. (I have 4 people constantly asking me for something so they get some sort of variation of this)
3. That is flippin’ hilarious!
4. You are driving me crazy!
5. I don’t know (I seriously have to say this a lot because I get asked questions like “Would hopping on an ostrich save me if I got stuck in a tornado since they can run really fast?” all day long)
Five Things I Read Recently:
1. The Birth Order Book by Kevin Leman (I read this to learn more about my kids and ended up learning a lot about myself)
2. Wonderful Tonight by Pattie Boyd (wife to George Harrison and Eric Clapton…pretty interesting)
3. Hundreds of children’s books ranging from The Potty Book for Boys, The Star Wars Easy Reader Books and Ramona Quimby
4. Penny Press’s Variety Puzzles (ok, so this isn’t really reading but it is a magazine I subscribe to…I absolutely love extremely hard logic problems that make me break out in a sweat trying to figure them out)
5. Country Living magazine (my mom always subscribes to magazines that let her pass on a second subscription to someone else and she always picks me)
Five Favorite Movies:
(disclaimer: I am really not a movie person because I usually fall asleep during them. The following movies are ones that not only I did NOT fall asleep during them but have watched them multiple times)
1. Life is Beautiful (a movie about the Holocaust)
2. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (a movie about the Holocaust)
3. Say Anything
4. The Help
5. The Green Mile (this is the only book I ever read that I equally liked the movie)
Five Places I Would Love to Travel:
1. Oregon/Washington area
3. Costa Rica
5. A remote African village to help out (I actually looked into joining the Peace Corps when I was in high school)
Five Bloggers I’m Tagging For This Thing:
1. Courtney @ Embracing the Insanity
2. Cathy @ Go Mama O
3. Lidia @ Ohlidia
4. Christine @ Momtimes4
5. Kate @ Did That Just Happen
All you ladies need to do is get to answering and writing so we can all learn a little more about you!
Have a great day!